Welcome

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Asalamualikum and welcome to you all, Brothers and Sisters what we have here is a home for Muslim poets to present their poems and have them heard or share poems of other poets they would like us to hear. All styles are welcome and Inshallah, Allah will bring from this much goodness and may we be of the righteous kalaf to the likes of Hassan ibn Thabit may Allah be pleased with him (The poet of Allah's messenger, peace be upon him). Please feel free to send in your poems written or spoken so we may post them. Become an author here and you can post them your self. We hope through these efforts to propagate Islam so that it reaches the masses, defend Islam and its people from the onslaught of those who despise it, and tread the path of those who preceded us in guidance. Please keep in mind to keep the poems in accordance to the Quraan and Sunnah upon the understanding of the Salaf of the Ummah.

Visist our new site: Immam al-Albani (English)

Visist our new site: Immam al-Albani (English)
Advertisement

Poets Quote

"not poetry or magic but greater - moving grown men to tears"
Kalamullah

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

إذا ما قال لي ربي - قصيدة أبكت الإمام أحمد

If my Lord is to ask me- the poem that made Immam Ahmad cry.
[Video] إذا ما قال لي ربي - قصيدة أبكت الإمام أحمد


(إذا ما قال لي ربـــّي )

إذا ما قال لي ربي .. أما استحييت تعصيني
  وتخفي الذنب عن خلقي .. وبالعصيان تأتيني
If my Lord asks me 
 “Have you no shame in disobeying me? 
You hide your faults from my creation  
yet full of sin you come to Me" 

فكيف أجيب يا ويحي .. ومن ذا سوف يحميني
 So what will I answer? O' Woe to me, 
and who shall protect me do you see?

أسلي النفس بالآمال .. من حين إلى حين
I keep forestalling my soul 
 with thoughts of hope from time to time  

وأنسى ما وراء الموت .. ماذا بعد تكفيني
And forgetting what is to come after death,
and after I am warped in the sheets of the dead 

 
كاني قد ضمنت العيش .. ليس الموت يأتيني
As if I have guaranteed living forever, 
 and that death will not overcome me

وجاءت سكرة الموت الشديدة من سيحميني
  Then the harsh drunkenness of death overtakes me,
who now will be able to protect me? 

نظرت إلى الوجوه أليس منهم من سيفديني
I looked at the faces, is there not from amongst them 
who will  ransom me?  

سأسأل ما الذي قدمت في دنياي ينجيني
I will be asked 
 what have I put forth in my life to save myself

فكيف إجابتي من بعد ما فرطت في ديني 
 So what will I answer, 
after I’ve been neglectful regarding my Deen

ويا ويحي ألم أسمع كلام الله يدعوني
O’ woe to me, did I not hear the
Speech of Allah calling  out to me??

ألم أسمع لما قد جاء في ق و يس
Did I not hear what has come in Qaaf'n, wa Yaseen'i

ألم أسمع بيوم الحشر يوم الجمع والدين
Did i not hear of the day the crowds will be summoned, 
the day we will be collected, and the day of al-Deen'i

ألم أسمع منادي الموت يدعوني يناديني
Did I not hear the caller of death 
calling me; seeking me

فيا رباه عبد تائب من ذا سيؤويه
O my lord a slave to you I come repenting, 
who than shall grant me shelter?

سوى رب غفور واسع للحق يهديني
Other than an oft-forgiving Lord, 
to the truth he will guide me

أتيت إليك فارحمني وثقل في موازيني
I  have come to you, so have mercy on me, 
and make heavy my weights

وخفف في جزائي أنت أرجى من يجازيني
And lighten my reckoning you are the best 
of who will bring me to reckoning

Translated by Abu Hamza

3 comments:

  1. Salaam u'alaikoem,

    I really like this poem, its so true.
    Do you also have the transliteration of this poem?

    BarakAllahoefiek

    Ma'asalaam

    Your sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is like my favourite thing I have listened to eventhough I never listen to anything. I learnt it off by heart in Arabic and it is always running in my head. If you know the meaning it is really powerful and amazing mashallah

    ReplyDelete