Welcome

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Asalamualikum and welcome to you all, Brothers and Sisters what we have here is a home for Muslim poets to present their poems and have them heard or share poems of other poets they would like us to hear. All styles are welcome and Inshallah, Allah will bring from this much goodness and may we be of the righteous kalaf to the likes of Hassan ibn Thabit may Allah be pleased with him (The poet of Allah's messenger, peace be upon him). Please feel free to send in your poems written or spoken so we may post them. Become an author here and you can post them your self. We hope through these efforts to propagate Islam so that it reaches the masses, defend Islam and its people from the onslaught of those who despise it, and tread the path of those who preceded us in guidance. Please keep in mind to keep the poems in accordance to the Quraan and Sunnah upon the understanding of the Salaf of the Ummah.

Visist our new site: Immam al-Albani (English)

Visist our new site: Immam al-Albani (English)
Advertisement

Poets Quote

"not poetry or magic but greater - moving grown men to tears"
Kalamullah

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stare

Stare
You stare at me curiously
You stare at me with animosity
You stare at me pointedly
My Hijab, it's my identity
But, you've already judged me
My body, is not a commodity
But, you've already categorized me

Let me explain to you what you're unwilling to see
I wear it for it was God's decree
I wear it for my modesty and chastity
It was my choice, and no my parents didn't make me
And yes I'm educated, in Islam it's my duty
Real freedom is being judged on your personality and not if you dress reveilingly
It's being judged on the intellegince of your mind and not the size of your behind
It's being judged on the content of your character not on your body in a magazine making paper

So go ahead and stare at me
I don't need to compromise myself to win popularity
My purpose in my life is to worship He who has created me
Not to please someone that was created by He
So please, go take a look at a mirror
Maybe the image of someone whose been truly oppressed will be clearer

BY: Mawada

4 comments:

  1. this is really amazing! very powerful and true from deep inside the heart! Do you mind if I post it for my friends to see? I will give credit to you.. You have the right to agree or disagree..

    Masha'Allah beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's not a problem, JazakAllahu Khair for your kind words

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwwwww SNAP

    masha'Allah :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. masha Allah!

    so so true

    ReplyDelete